Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CONFIRMED: Thursday, January 7, 2010


I have verified that this is a current employee, commenting here:

. . . .Condor:

Confirmed Thursday 7th -- stay home and wait by the phone.

Either you or Ed at Pharmalot posted info when Lilly did their layoff showing where Lilly filed information with N.J. Dept. of Labor giving notice under the W.A.R.N. Act -- and the number of people being let go. I'm not sure how one would find that info out, but it would be nice to know how many people are going to be affected on Thursday. . . .

January 6, 2010 @ 10:59 AM. . . .

My condolences. I am at work on the request the commenter made -- but I believe the number New Merck filed for was 16,000. There has been no update to that figure in months.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condor,

If you go to:
http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lwdhome/warn/2009/1209Warn.html

Merck has listed 500 to be let go but the effective date is 2/9/2010.

In tracing back on the website, there is no other 'Warn' notice from Merck, at least as far back as Oct09.

Anonymous said...

That 500 count layoff was for the mid level managers that were notified on December 9th. Feb 9th will be their separation date. So
I guess that MERCK will file this WARN notification either on Friday the 8th or Monday the 11th.

Thanks for the link.

Condor said...

I think that's right -- but note that the link is only to the NJ version of the WARN notices; it is not the larger federal WARN Act notice-database (with nationwide jurisdiction).

So, I think the overall target is still 16,000 -- as announced this past summer. I wish all affected the best.

Namaste