Saturday, October 21, 2017

What Will Long-Legged, Copper-Colored Juno Reveal, On This Near-Birthday Plunge?


This twisting, and twistedly graceful, speedy bundle of perpetually-energetic and bright ideas, as reduced to practice -- in sensors, thrusters and cameras -- made her first deep-plunge over the Jovian cloud tops, and north pole, in November 2016. So it will fittingly be at nearly her first plunge birthday, that she makes her eighth dangerous but science-advancing dive over the poles of Jupiter, with such velocity that she will nearly be a blur.

In the coming months and years, peer-reviewed planetary science papers will be published that revolutionize our understanding of how mighty Jupiter does. . . what it does. The data streams from these glowingly-hot, death defying dips yield the source material for these revolutionary papers. And that -- as you may readily see-- excites me.

And so, as I often do at these moments -- let me offer just a dollop of grace-filled prose, to go with this placeholder, too. . .

". . . .I have little left in myself -- I must have you. The world may laugh -- may call me absurd, selfish -- but it does not signify. My very soul demands you: it will be satisfied. . . .

[Yet] . . .I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do. I need not sell my soul to buy bliss. I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give. . . ."

― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre


As the graphic shows, the actual dip date is about ten days prior to the birthday -- and you may trust that I will be waiting patiently, but eventually sending word, as her demise is slated for February 10, 2018 -- near Valentine's. Smile. . . . onward, at dawn on a lovely Saturday, here.

नमस्ते

No comments: