Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Little Philae Has Been Found By ESA; NASA's Osiris-Rex Headed To An Asteroid Tomorrow...


You all -- no doubt -- remember lil' Philae. He's been found, here in the last month of the European Space Agency's Rosetta mission. But he's dead-stick; no batteries; no life -- see composite images, at right.

And, below, you'll learn all about Osiris-Rex, liftoff scheduled for tomorrow from NASA -- returning an asteroid sample, in 2023.



Should we not speak again -- fly well; fly safe; and most of all. . . fly far!

नमस्ते

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the writing disappointingly...wooden. Only seven pages were remotely poetic. (I've kept copies of the seven, out of over 220.)

I was hoping it would be luminous -- glowing even -- with all the celestial poetry I see in the physics of shepherd moons, real and artificial. And that it would be electrified -- by the vigor and reach of those fine minds... minds that could see the unwasted grace in parabolic curves...

Instead it was... rather flat, to my eyes. I am certain the movie will be transcendent... when freed from the labored print author's voice...

But I am keenly interested in your take: does it read better -- more fluidly -- than just a bunch of jumbled factoids, to your golden-flecked, and truly kind eyes?

That was the purpose of sending it on when I finished reading it last evening...

Your review?