Saturday, April 6, 2024

With My Eldest In Country, After Six Months... My Plans Have Changed For Viewing Monday: Now, A Road Trip, Exclusively -- If That.


Some may recall that I had grand plans to be in the Sea of Cortez by dawn Monday. . . but my daughter is suddenly back from over six months in the EU (let go of all reservs in Mexico), and (assuming clear skies around Cleveland, or thereabouts) -- she and I will road trip before dawn on Monday.

But only if the skies are truly flawless. I saw a perfect one in August 2017 in the Shawnee wilderness -- so a partially cloudy one. . . is probably not worth the effort.

We shall see, but it will be an oh-dark-thirty Monday morning call, for certain. Experiences are what enrich our lives, in the last measure, through memories -- not material things, per se. . . and so, why not a sublime experience, indeed?

But if you do go, be sure (per the NASA PSA masthead below) to only use approved (by genuine scientists!) goggles or other eye protection. [The next really superb US viewing of a total eclipse will be on August 23, 2044 -- 20 years off. But I'lll be here!] Onward -- grinning just the same.



नमस्ते

No comments: