Friday, March 22, 2024

[U X2] Why We Love "March Madness" -- I May Already Have My Fourth Beat, Of Mr. Obama -- In 14 Years -- By The End Of Opening Weekend, Here...


It may be just a little early to call it, but he had Kentucky in the National Championship Final Game, losing only to UConn -- and I have Marquette doing the same (losing only to UConn).

But in stunning fashion, Kentucky had no answer for the lights out shooting of an undersized, unrecruited guard (who just buried 10 three pointers!) -- a kid who was playing Division II last season.

And so, intrepid Oakland advances, and Kentucky's storied coach may be. . . dumped, in Lexington, over the summer. As a. . . legend, ends? I think so. . . .

Where was I? Oh. Right.

Unless Marquette suffers a very early exit, the math says Mr. Obama cannot catch me.

But we shall see. . . [grinning].

Onward -- Now. . . Go Buffs -- Go Marquette!

Second Update: About 2.5 million entries were placed at CBS Sports, for the March Madness Bracket competition. I have 37 18 correct picks at the moment.

At least until later tomorrow, I am now sitting at about the 28,000th 5,200 place (with thousands of ties in front of me).

Even so, the best I've ever been in 15 prior years. . . has been around 52,000th place.

But at 5,200 -- I am in 0.003 territory, or the top one-third of one percent.

At least for now. This is largely due to calling the Colorado v. Marquette meeting, for Sunday. People rarely pick "first four" play-in teams to make it past Friday night.

And to be fair, I expect the Buffs will not get past Marquette.

Onward, but after I correctly predicted Yale would beat Auburn. . . there is no chance Mr. Obama will catch me. Not this year. Though he holds a 11-4 advantage overall on me.

नमस्ते

No comments: