Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Parler Overnight Dismissed Its Ill-Starred Federal Suit, Against Amazon...


We predicted, at the head of last month, that this day would arrive shortly. It has. [My backgrounder here.]

Parler is now on a separate set of servers, and seems to be desktop only -- unavailable by cell-phone. But to be clear, since I'd rather eat my own spleen, without anesthetic, than join it -- I don't know, and won't follow up. I do know the lawsuit in Seattle federal district court has been dropped. Here's the bit:

. . .Plaintiff Parler LLC files its Notice of Voluntary Dismissal Without Prejudice pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1)(A)(i). . . .

This voluntary dismissal is without prejudice to refiling. See Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1)(B).

DATED this 2nd day of March 2021. . . .


Good riddance, I say -- to this mis-shapen little troll service. Let us allow law enforcement to do its work. In that regard, I will note that Gab.com, another far right service. . . admittted this week that essentially all its data -- including private messages to and from the account of Tangerine himself, and other high ranking GOP officials -- is in the hands of social hacktivists. Expect some leaks-based reporting of the truth, related to what those people think, maybe as soon as this weekend.

नमस्ते

No comments: