Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Electric Chair? Twice, In Tennessee In 2018; But A National (And International) Disgrace....


I may need to fall silent for a bit, here.

It seems Tennessee has twice executed men this year, alone -- with. . . the electric chair. That is not justice. That is simply vengeance. And. . . I am without words. But Justice Blackmun (25 years ago) was -- and is -- right. So I tweeted:

. . . .Tennessee has apparently used its electric chair not once, but twice, already this year. The Infinite intones -- please, Tennessee and Virginia -- "tinker with the machinery of death no more". Please. [Justice Blackmun: "...I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death."]. . .


I am. . . . out -- utterly. . . outdone. Truly disheartened, by America's current direction.

नमस्ते

No comments: