Friday, November 27, 2020

Minor Tangent -- But From $35/Share... To Almost $130/Share... Is Not Too Bad A Time... Time To Lighten Up.


As regular readers know, I've been a long-term proponent (five plus years) of Moderna, and since very early 2020, an ardent holder of Moderna (in, at $35/ish a share).

And regular readers also know that I've repeatedly said the vaccine (when approved), will be subjected to simply staggering public policy (and in some geographies, direct governmental) pressures. . . to be priced affordably for the vast bulk of the resource constrained world.

So, I might say that this is the moment that the steak is. . . sizzling pretty loudly. But still sizzling. . . not yet served.

And, so. . . I've sold three-quarters of my holdings on the NASDAQ, just this morning, at about an average of $128.25 a share.

I still very firmly believe in this well-run and brilliantly-innovative life sciences company. . . but it is time to take some risk off the table.

I still foresee a very difficult pandemic winter of '20-'21. . . so stocking up (on cold hard cash) is not a bad idea. It preserves flexibility. And while I will continue to hold the remaining 25 per cent, I may very well buy back in (in size), if/when Moderna sees a 30 per cent or more (temporary) downward correction. That would be a pure buying opportunity. Now you know.

Onward, grinning -- ever grinning. . . . going to see what's on sale, online here on Black Friday.

नमस्ते

No comments: