Sunday, January 14, 2018

PSA: Dr. King Would Have Spread The Word, Too -- Go Re-Up For Your DACA Papers, Now...


Because the able Judge Alsup's federal district court preliminary injunction -- against ending DACA -- is nationwide, and in full force and effect, and because hopes are dimming, at present, for a bi-partisan legislative solution -- this blog advises all current DACA recipients to go in and timely re-up -- along the below lines.

Significantly, the federal agency responsible (CIS) concurs. Mr. Trump cannot lawfully stop this -- read it all; and if it applies to you -- act now, as it will be a month or more before any appellate court modifies the trial court's order, in my estimation.

Again, do read the full federal update closely -- and then do move forward aggressively:

. . . .Jan. 13, 2018 | Update: Due to a federal court order, USCIS has resumed accepting requests to renew a grant of deferred action under DACA. Until further notice, and unless otherwise provided in this guidance, the DACA policy will be operated on the terms in place before it was rescinded on Sept. 5, 2017. . . .

Individuals who were previously granted deferred action under DACA may request renewal by filing Form I-821D (PDF), Form I-765 (PDF), and Form I-765 Worksheet (PDF), with the appropriate fee or
approved fee exemption request, at the USCIS designated filing location, and in accordance with the instructions to the Form I-821D (PDF) and Form I-765 (PDF). USCIS is not accepting requests from individuals who have never before been granted deferred action under DACA. USCIS will not accept or approve advance parole requests from DACA recipients. . . .

If you previously received DACA and your DACA expired on or after Sept. 5, 2016, you may still file your DACA request as a renewal request. Please list the date your prior DACA ended in the appropriate box on Part 1 of the Form I-821D. . . .


If the rubric changes (yet again), I promise I will so advise, right here -- promptly. But in the mean time -- I am certain Dr. King would be working to keep dreamers here. And so, I will be, too. This cannot be specific legal advice, under applicable ethics rules, but I will answer in comments -- as I learn more facts, from anonymous or named questioners. Now you know.

'Twas a very tough break for the Saints -- and hard cheese for Tennessee, as well. . . . So sorry.

नमस्ते

No comments: