Sunday, September 24, 2017

I Think "Caesar Disgustus' Muslim Ban 3.0", Tonight... Means The Supremes Will Declare The October Argument... Moot.


I've read the proclamation -- and quickly scanned some left- and right-leaning commenters' blogs. The language of the latest makes it very hard to see how the Supremes will NOT declare the current cases pending before the Court, on Muslim Ban 2.0. . . moot. Just as I earlier said.

Where I part company with some other commenters (on both sides of the aisle), here in the first hours post the proclamation, is that I think the Supremes will NOT void the lower court opinions, in any manner.

That is, I do think they will now say that cert. was improvidently granted. And then, the Supremes will leave the lower courts' rulings. . . right where they are. At each step of the way, Mr. Trump created all his own problems (such as they are) here.

I also think Mr. Trump's 3.0 is. . . destined to be declared unconstitutional. He simply lacks (IMHO) the power to do what he purports to do, in 3.0, acting alone. But now that will be decided, anew, in the trial level courts around the nation -- and about a year from now, it will back at the Supremes. . . with Trump's record on Muslim Bans then looking like 0-for-26 or so. [It stands at 0-13 right now.]

There is likely to be very little else from my keyboard this week -- until next Monday or Tuesday, at the earliest. As Exhibit A for that proposition -- please excuse the lack of any new graphic. Not so sure I am going to continue this blog -- so. . . not feeling the time needed -- invested, really -- to create a 3.0 graphical series theme. This one, at least, though was posted by a human. I've not read anything previous below. And I don't really plan on doing so.

And as I head for the exit -- Agent Orange has no business telling any athlete subject to a collective bargaining agreement what constitutes "acceptable" free expression. Put a sock in it, Donnie Dotard. 18 U.S. Code § 227. And, sure Sen. Paul Bailey, R-Sparta,TN -- I'll buy your season tickets. I'm happy to pay for, and watch, professional football -- in a free and just society.

नमस्ते

No comments: