Sunday, March 12, 2017

O/T First Time In Its 78 Year-History -- NCAAs -- Wanna' Lose A Bet?


If there is anyone out there, willing to take the southern side of this bet, I'll give points -- but I will see my Wildcats win their first appearance in the Big Dance, in the 78 year history of the tourney.

With 44 no longer publishing a bracket, I'll no longer post all of my picks (for a comparison), but I will have NU going through the second round. Vandy just won't be up to it, here -- in my estimation -- come Thursday at 4:30 PM EDT. Here's a bit:

. . . .NU coach Chris Collins was not worried.

"We're going West," he told his players.

And he was right.

At 5:32 p.m., CBS put a halt to agonizing NU fans.

"The No. 8 seed, out of the West," Greg Gumbel said. "There they are ... the Northwestern Wildcats ... 78 years in the making."

And the gym went nuts, with NU players leaping from their chairs. . . .


Hey -- the Cubs did it, right? So, feel free to come wearing purple on Thursday, one and all. It will indeed be a great day to be a Wildcat. . . Smile. . . .

नमस्ते

No comments: