Monday, August 15, 2016

O/T -- Shorter Trump: "Stop Quoting Me." It's Hurting My Chances.

I think the below is a res ipsa moment. That is, the "thing" speaks for himself -- from one of his latest Twitter feed rants:
"...If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn't put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%...."
The media simply quoted the words he uttered, almost without exception.
Mr. Trump, there can be no false meaning put into your actual words, especially when you don't disavow them -- for days on end.
Words mean what they mean. And he is losing precisely because of his own views -- expressed in his own words. That's how this whole free democratic election thing words, Mr. Trump.
Stop being you, and maybe your brand would arrest its plunge, in the polls -- but probably not.
[And a sincere hat tip -- to the sublime Rick Laurent -- for his political cartoon art. Do go see.]


No comments: