Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday's Sublime Trivialities: From The Movie "Trading Places" Edition


We all likely recall the Eddie Murphy/Dan Aykroyd Paramount Studios vehicle -- of the same name, from the 1980s. . .

Well, at the JP Morgan Conference in San Francisco this past week, pharma and life science CEOs were asked who they'd most like to "trade places" with -- as a fantasy job. Several of course named Elon Musk, Telsa's jaw-slacking maven -- and SpaceX genius. . . and more than a few named Steve Jobs -- at the "Second Coming" of Apple. [One named Tim Cook, as well.] But I'll highlight our CEO's response -- as it truly made me. . . smile. From HITC Business, then:

. . . ."I would be the CEO of the Philadelphia Eagles because maybe I could help them win," said Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier. . . .


I'd dare say not even he could really help the hapless "Iggles" -- long term. Now you know. Time for some real world Saturday fun -- do go enjoy. . . yours!

No comments: