Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Think It Important To Note That Merck Leads The DJIA To This Moment In 2014


Okay. I pretty regularly point out when, where -- and how -- I think Merck could do a better job, here in my tiny little electron-filled wood-shed. And so, I want to now loudly, and proudly, note the other side of the coin -- going into a quiet Friday.

Quiet, that is -- except that the jobs report is due out tomorrow. So, before that roils the markets in the morning (either up or down), let me take a moment on this smoothly peaceful evening to salute Merck: it has led the DJIA, on the NYSE, for all of 2014, through the first three months. Up over 13 per cent in 2014. Nice. [A long while ago -- mid- to late- 1960s -- the Dow had a club it called "the nifty fifty" -- and Merck was usually the leader of that brat pack. And so it is, once again -- at least for the moment. Sweet.]

To be sure, piloting a long-submerged, massive leviathan -- like Merck, on a 13 per cent up-bubble -- is no mean feat. So this is no April Fools -- kudos, Mr. Frazier, and team. Take a bow. Nicely turned.

No comments: