Sunday, April 28, 2013

Merck To Report Quarterly Earnings, Pre-NYSE Open, This Wednesday May 1, 2013


I'll listen in on the webcast -- assuming my other duties don't interfere -- but I don't expect to learn about many (any) out-of-range disclosures.

I think Merck's Q1 2013 results will be generally in-line with Wall Street estimates. Currencies may have taken slightly more out of the gross sales revenues, top-line, than most expect, but I think EPS will be in line, after some special items. [Disclosure: have based my estimate of a 5 per cent overall headwind in currencies, at the sales line for Q1 2013, on a quick analysis of J&J's recently-reported Q1 sales headwinds, in similar geographies as those Merck usually sees, with similar sales concentrations.]

. . . .Q1 2013 Merck & Co., Inc. Earnings Conference Call Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:00 a.m. ET. . . .
Do stay tuned.

No comments: