Thursday, March 4, 2010

Per CattleNetwork Daily (Who Knew!) -- Intervet Discussions "Still Ongoing"


Okay -- I don't mean to poke (too much) fun, as many accuse this blog of being too-niche focused, but the CattleNetwork? Really! Who knew?

It has an udder-full, here though (do go horn through (read) it all!) -- great scoop:

. . . .Merck & Co. and Sanofi-Aventis SA will decide within a few weeks whether the pharmaceutical makers will combine their Intervet and Merial animal health units in a joint venture, company spokesmen said.

"Discussions are still ongoing" between the companies, Paul Geurts, a spokesman for Merck’s Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health, said March 3. "We expect a decision in the next few weeks. . . ."

Sanofi Chief Executive Officer Chris Viehbacher previously said a decision on a joint venture was expected before the end of February. . . .

I'll keep my hooves to the ground, on this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, lost me and I I'm generally a fan. We like the animal health business. Sorry it tickles your urbane funny bone. Try watching RFD-TV sometime, or reading Drovers magazine.

Anonymous said...

Why is it taking so much longer than 100 days to announce the next step?

Condor said...

So sorry if I offended -- I didn't know there was such a thing as an online CattleNetwork -- that's all. I grew up not a mile from a high mountain cattle ranch (and dirt-poor, too); I did not mean to look down my nose at anyone or anything. Truly. My apologies.

As to the second commenter, I think either the measuring date for the 100 days started later than we thought, or (equally likely) Merck and Sanofi have agreed to "toll" the running of the 100 day period while they negotiate some of the possible preemptive divestitures -- to help increase the chances of ECC and FTC clearance.

Each does now say it should come soon.

I'll have to subscribe to alerts from the Drovers' online site, I guess -- to stay up to date, here.

Namaste

Anonymous said...

moo-ing along..eh?

Condor said...

Heh! -- Yep, it would be just so much cooler -- to see a prize-winning Texas Longhorn, as the graphic accompanying a story, rather than a chemical notation of the formula (and three dimensional ball-stick model of the molecule), for a graphic. . . . right?

Ah, OTOH, I guess if I don't offend someone, I am probably not doing my job very well, here.

G'night, and Namaste!