Monday, November 16, 2009

The Singular Form of "Data"? Anecdote. But A Good One, Nonetheless.


This is from a CafePharma board, for Old Schering-Plough -- in a thread on Arbiter 6 - HALTS learnings -- it clearly speaks for itself:

. . . .I work for Merck and I have been taking Zocor and Niaspan for the last two years because my HDL was low and my LDL was high. I have a family history of heart disease and my doctor was concerned about me developing CAD with my numbers. I did have some flushing early on with Niaspan but it went away withing a couple of months and I have only flushed 3-4 times in my entire two years taking Niaspan. It sucks for Merck that this ARBITER-6 trial looks bad for Zetia but as a patient I am happy to know what I am taking is a better option than Vytorin. No one here should be bashing Niaspan, this drug has raised my HDL from 33 to 48 and from what my doctor says, it helps take a away the plaque in my arteries. Maybe I should be more of a company guy, but I would rather live to see 80 than die early when I could prevent it by taking Niaspan. . . .

No comments: