Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thanks Go to Jim Edwards, at B|Net's Pharma -- But Mine Was A Slightly-Simpler Point


Overnight, and quite kindly, Jim Edwards, over at B|Net Pharma has featured a riff on my story of a few days passed.

Just to be clear, though, I do not suspect that Schering-Plough intentionally-spiked the "Say on Pay Survey" it send out last year -- I simply don't see any evidence that the results will actually be released before the reverse merger closes. So, when Jim writes "did Schering-Plough plan -- and then kill or delay -- a 'say on pay' survey for its investors? That’s one possibility raised by “Condor” at Shearlings Got Ploughed Plowed", he sort of misses my point. I appreciate the mention -- and attention -- but I simpy meant to suggest that getting those survey results published before the merger closes, seems unlikely, given later public statements by the companies. Still, it would, I think, improve Patricia Russo's position, as a former member of the Schering-Plough Compensation Committee (a Committee then chaired by Hans Becherer) -- in the Cain v. Hassan, et al. litigation about runaway pay, among other things, at Schering-Plough.

So, there you have it. [I'll be off the grid most of the day today -- so, do discuss among yourselves. . . Namaste]

No comments: