Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We Break Format -- For "One Love" -- And YOU Should, Too. . . .


With medical journal ghost-writing -- this time, via Wyeth -- on the front page of the New York Times, I grew decidedly discouraged this evening. So, to break my funk, I went looking for music -- good music.

Noble, meaningful, unifying music. Music that reminds us what a precious and fragile gift it is to be born human. And so. . . . though I almost never break format, here -- staying solely on the topics implied by my masthead (or health care reform, more generally) -- I will, tonight, as this music simply aches to be shared. Worldwide.

Thus, courtesy of the lower side-bar, on the Noteworthy News blog-site, I came across "Playing for Change" and its subtle version of "Stand By Me" (a favorite of mine, for as long as I can remember). That song, in turn, led me to their version of "One Love". . . .

Transcendent. That is the word: transcendent. Do watch -- do listen. Do turn it up, to full-volume -- even if you are at work, when first you see this. Trust me. You want to do this. Otherwise, you'll miss the soft, soulful lyrical nuances in the Israeli woman's voice, and the clicking-throated-percussions, from one massive South-African. Without any further ado, then:




Namaste, one and all. . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've seen this by now but...in case you haven't:

http://www.schering-plough.com/news/news_article.aspx?reqid=1316997

Merck and Schering-Plough Resolve Previously Disclosed Civil Class Action Lawsuits Related to VYTORIN(R) (ezetimibe/simvastatin) and ZETIA(R) (ezetimibe)

Condor said...

Yes -- I've blogged on how little the earlier 35 state settlement means, as well. This, if approved, will resolve the weakest of the class action suits.

This leaves open, and unresolved, all securities fraud and ERISA class actions. As well as the DoJ, SEC and Congressional investigations. It also leaves open at least 14 states' claims.

Do stop back!

Namaste

Condor said...

Here's a farily complete a laundry listing -- of what's still open, unresolved and pending -- as contingent liabilities, related just to ENHANCE.

Namaste

Anonymous said...

A perfect compliment to the day.
A sweet way to say,
"good night."
Thank you for posting.