Friday, May 23, 2008

We Seem to be Attracting the Oddest Assortment of Attention, Here. . . .


[UPDATED -- 05.27.08 @ 6 PM: As Ed cogently notes, Schering added some fire-power in its Investor Relations Group, today -- bringing back an alum named Janet Barth, who'll be reporting to Alex Kelly (he's apparently moving "upstairs"). I now wonder -- clearly she'd been hired by late last week, or perhpas even a little earlier -- whether the below is the first evidence, of "her new footprints" at Schering. More to come, no doubt.]

Okay, readers, some more throw-away junk, for a Friday night's entertainment value, mostly -- this one will probably take just a little explaining. Could they be visiting to prepare a case study, or could they be visiting because they've been retained? [Note that the firm does not provide client lists, or business-won stories. Ooh! -- very "hush hush, that"!]

So, several of my pages were visited repeatedly today -- and for substantial chunks of time -- by the below, via my statcounter.com applet. And the same visitor has been running seaches on keywords here. Hmmmmm. . . . [What a handy friend I have here in statcounter, no? Click to enlarge.]:



Now, just who are these guys? Well, here's their front page -- they are located in DC:



Fascinating, no? And, check-out that copy: "High-stakes communication consultancy. . . . Damage control. . . . Why everything you know about crisis management is wrong." Wow.

I really couldn't. make. this. stuff. up. Even if I tried.

I bet they are preparing a case study, that's what I bet. R-i-i-i-i-i-ght. Heh. [I actually do doubt Schering-Plough has hired the firm. Covington & Burling? Not likely; they'd do it "the old-fashioned way". Individual executives? Nah, too pricey. Hans Becherer? Ira T. Kay? Again, I am shrugging.]

But as I've come to learn, "the truth is usually far stranger. . . ." As ever, we shall see. G'night, one and all!

No comments: