Saturday, May 10, 2008

Check Out the New Masthead!


[I've been bakin' pixels all afternoon, here -- pointing toward the top of the page, now. . . .]

The old one was lookin' just a little played-out, to my eyes -- and in the old, my faux-Vytorin® football was scarcely visible -- now it is featured. Watcha' think? Too much? Too little? Just right? Feel free to tell me whatever you think, good, bad or sideways, in the comment-box, below. It does accept completely anonymous comments, BTW -- so you can say you "positively-loathe" it, and I won't even mind. I promise. A mini-version of old one appears immediately below, for comparison's sake. So -- now: "Old one?", or "New one?" You decide. Click it to enlarge:



A commenter, below, smartly suggested a cleaner look -- which I've implemented -- so, consider this (the "busier" one, below) as an alternate to the new one, at top of page -- perhaps the stock-price decline bars, post-ACC, are too-busy for a logo? You decide [again, click to enlarge]:



Keep the good ideas comin', here, folks!

["We now return you to a discussion and analysis of shareholder derivative suits. . . ."]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vytorin® is a registered trademark of the Merck and Schering-Plough Cholesterol Joint Venture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good effort. A suggestion: Left hand graphic is good. The stock price line is good. Leave it at those two. The prices may be mislabeled. ($13.00 price mixed up with the $15.00 one??) Too many graphics will erode your impact.

Pick one and stick with it. It is having a hard time telling your message. A confusing logo sends a confused message. You are generally not confused so this subliminal message weakens your image.

Notso

Anonymous said...

Good points -- one note, though -- the stock price graph reflects declines, so it is accurate.

Take a look at the SECOND version, I've just now put up under the oldest one, in the body of this post -- it seems a little "cleaner" to me. I really liked the idea of using an EKG spike in the line, given that cardiovascular health is the end goal of the franchise-product. [You'll need to click it to enlarge it to full size.] Then, I could move this busier one to the bottom footer of the page.

Does that make sense?

Thanks very much for your suggestions!

Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

It's a winner! Much cleaner to this eye.

I just spent a few seconds deciphering the stock prices. You are correct, they are right, but the point is that it confused me so I agree that putting it somewhere else is a good move. (The bars are reversed - going down/negative from the baseline instead of being different heights from the baseline) In my world, the bars should be at their relative heights from a baseline of zero, not hanging below zero. This discussion is certainly confusing for you....which goes back to my original point. :)

notso

Anonymous said...

I think you are right about the second one being better -- and, my wife thinks so, too!

So, of course, that settles it!

I am switching them now, and will revise the copy, in the main post, accordingly -- so it will make (some) sense to those stopping by, late to this party.

Thank you again, for the help, Notso!

Well-met -- and do stop on back by!

Anonymous said...

Smart fellow. It seems she will guide you correctly.